Sunday, March 1, 2009

Weezle-Wuzzle...again

So it's been another month since I've posted. I've done very little programming from home. I did work on my AI project some, but then, as was the case for my AI class, I got stuck trying to make my little bots turn and find their target properly and wouldn't you know it, I just stopped. I just cannot see where the problem is. UGH! So frustrating!

For a while, I sat down and tried to design a new system for this AI thing, but I'm unsure how to go about the design. What I need to do is just sit down and design it. Maybe even take out some of my books from my classes and read up (again) on how to properly design something. But then again, I need to make myself some clear cut goals.

This reminds me of this blog I came across some time ago. Looking at it, I'm fairly certain I have done 3 of the 7 items listed here.

So, how will I break this bad habit? Honestly, I'm not sure. I don't have a clear goal as to what I want or what I want to achieve. I also don't have a clear plan of any sorts to achieve any kind of goal. And then of course there's the motivation. I code all day at work, but don't find the energy to do so at home. It's one big cascading problem.

I've read that joining an open source project is a good way to get programming. Maybe I'll search around for something like that. But seriously, I need to sit my ass down and plan out my AI thing.

FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS

No comments: